Here’s list of rules which should be adhered to at all times within the hall:
- You can request to have a guest overnight at Xenia for a limited amount of time, and only one guest is allowed at a time. Submit a request online and it will be sent to the Wardens for approval. All guests must sign in and sign out and you are responsible for their behavior at all times. Guests must not be left unattended in the hall.
- Your room is cleaned weekly based on the rota on your kitchen wall. Your cleaning times cannot be rescheduled.
- Sanitary bins are emptied on the dates displayed on your kitchen wall. Please place your bin outside your door the night before.
- Communal areas, including the kitchen, are cleaned daily, Monday to Friday.
- You can access the Courtyard and Terrace between 06:00 and 23:00.
- There are 3 fire tests between 8am and 11am every Friday; the alarm will ring shortly and then be silenced. No Evacuation necessary.
- There is a laundry room in the Courtyard, this is operated on coins not tokens
- You may watch TV in your room but you are responsible for TV license. There are TVs in the student lounges that do not require personal TV licenses.
- Staff are available to help please see contact details below
- You can call our Internet provider ASK4 24/7 with issues: 01104 303 3232 or 0845 123 8710
- You can use Xenia’s ping pong table in the courtyard, playing equipment is found in the Games Room and should be returned there after use. The pool table in the games room is free.
- You can collect your post from your post boxes. Any large parcel will be stored at Reception and a collection note will be emailed to your Imperial email address.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building, including courtyard, terrace and fire stairs.
- Candles, joss sticks, oil burners and tea lights are not permitted.
- All students must be considerate to their fellow residents and not make excessive noise at any time, or disturb other residents or neighbours between the hours of 23:00 to 08:00.
- Heaters, electric blankets, toasters, microwaves, sandwich toasters, kettles , fridges and freezers may not be kept in your room for health and safety reasons.
- Any form of harassment, either physical or verbal, will not be tolerated.
- You are not permitted to enter restricted areas, violate any safety warnings or notices, or climb outside windows onto balconies, walkways, ledges or roofs except in emergencies. Fire exits are available for your evacuation in case of emergency.
- You are not permitted to store or carry a bicycle into Xenia, including foldable bikes
- There is no tolerance of the use and handling of illegal substances.
- Key cuts should not be made. Keys and swipe cards should not be given to anyone else to use.
- Cleaning staff do not wash your dishes and will not clean areas cluttered with dishes.
- Students must never tamper with, or misuse any fire equipment or the alarm system. Students MUST evacuate the building when the alarmsounds and not re-enter until instructed.
- Students must never throw, or let fall, objects of any kind from windows or balconies.Students must not move any furniture in rooms as they are often fixed to the walls; charges will apply to damage caused by moved furniture.
- Students must pay attention to security in Xenia Halls and not permit entry to strangers. Students should report strangers in the Hall to a member of staff or warden immediately.
- Students must treat hall property, fixtures and fittings, and the property of fellow residents with respect. Students should always report damage or abuse to the hall supervisors as soon as possible
More detailed information can be found in your welcome pack or alternatively, speak to a member of staff.
Reception opening times and contact: 02074504601; Monday to Friday 08:00-18:00; Saturday & Sunday: closed
Wardens on call times and contact: 07764352126 ; Monday to Friday 18:00 – 08:00; Saturday & Sunday: 24 hours